Children at Radcliffe Primary school are set regular homework, across a range of different subjects, which support the learning taking place in school. To encourage the children to complete their homework we reward the children at the end of each term.
Our children in EYFS are encouraged to continue their learning at home. We keep our parents up to date with current themes and topics and they are actively encouraged to add their home learning to Tapestry, our online learning journey.
Children in Reception take home a reading book which is carefully matched to our RWI phonics programme and they also bring home phonic books to practice the sounds being taught in school.
KS1 and KS2
Homework consists of the following:
- Reading at home at least 3 times a week.
- Weekly spellings to learn.
- A writing for pleasure book for the children to take home and write their own stories etc.
- Access to TT Rockstars and White Rose Maths APP
- Studyladder – This is updated weekly and it tailored to suit the learning taking place in school.
- Project work – where appropriate.